WHAT IS THE PARENT ADVISORY COUNCIL –PAC?
The Parent Advisory Council is a group of representatives from each individual preschool within the South Seattle College system. Under the PAC umbrella are three unique, but cohesive, subcommittees:
- Community Outreach
- Mary E. Phillips Scholarship Fund
Working closely together, members of these three subcommittees meet quarterly to:
- Make recommendations about preschool policies
- Lobby on behalf of preschools and kids
- Raise and manage funds for scholarship assistance
- Look at equitable practices within our program
- Acquire dynamic and educational events for parents in the co-op program and in the surrounding community.
The Mary E. Philips Scholarship Fund: Helping Make Preschool Affordable for All.
Operating primarily on donations and fundraising, The Mary E. Phillips Scholarship Fund provides partial tuition assistance to many eligible families each quarter, assuring that our co-op preschools are affordable for all who want to join.
Individual donations are appreciated and welcome. Please make checks payable to The Mary E. Phillips Scholarship Fund. Co-op families are also encouraged to inquire about employer matching programs.
If you are interested in applying for scholarship assistance an APPLICATION FORM FOR THE MARY E. PHILLIPS SCHOLARSHIP (coming soon)
PLEASE PRINT, COMPLETE AND GIVE TO YOUR PARENT INSTRUCTOR QUARTERLY