Babies, Babies, Babies! Come with your little one to celebrate and learn during that special first year of life!
Our Parent-Infant Class meets weekly, September through May. This class is for children who are Birth-12 months old as of August 31st.
- Parent-Infant (0-12 months) Class, Wednesdays, 12:00 to 1:30, over Zoom
- Also includes a monthly In-Person meetup. We will meet at a local park to begin and then have the option to move indoors to the Co-op Lab School on the South Seattle College campus, pending parent preference.
- Co-op membership also includes access to parenting seminars held 3-4 times each month in the evening, occasional events such as family concerts, 1:1 parenting consults, and resource sharing.
- Tuition: $58/month; need-based scholarships are available.
Our “schedule” of the day is flexible but always contains:
For parents –
- Time to chat with each other, share ideas, and get to know other parents.
- Make friends with people in the same stage of life and learning a similar parenting philosophy.
- Time to ask your two teachers questions – individually and with the group.
- A parent educator to lead discussions about the latest information around child development, child discipline and guidance, sleep, first foods, brain development, encouraging language, life balance, sign language, and many, many more topics.
For baby –class will grow and change as your baby grows and changes, from swaddler to sitter to waddler!
- Singing, bouncing, and dancing!
- A fun, safe space for babies and movers to observe other children and play together when in person.
- First friends to giggle with!
- During in-person meetups, toys to manipulate, art materials to smoosh, bubbles to watch or pop!
Click the questions below for answers to our frequently asked questions.
- We are part of the SSC Co-op Preschool system but we are not very co-op-y!
- There are a few “jobs” we need your help with but mostly you come and are nurtured.
- There are no required evening meetings.
We know that baby brings lots of changes. Although most people continue, sometimes people need to drop in the middle of the year.
We go month to month from September through May. We hold your spot, and you pay tuition, every month until you tell us differently. (In other words, people attend regularly and do not drop in).
We have shifted this class to Zoom so that parents can join us even if your infant is napping, at childcare or with another caregiver during class. Many parents feed their child/themselves during class as well. We also welcome another caretaker such as a nanny or grandparent to join the class if this is more convenient for the family.
Parenting seminars held 1-2x/month in the evening, occasional family events such as concerts, 1:1 parenting consults, and resource sharing.