Babies, Babies, Babies! Come with your little one to celebrate and learn during that special first year of life!
Our Parent-Infant and Parent-Mover Classes meet weekly at our South Seattle College campus location, September through May.
Infants (0-6 months old as of 8/31) – Wednesdays 12pm-2pm
Movers (6-12 months old as of 8/31) – Fridays 9:30am-11:30am
- Co-op membership also includes access to parenting seminars held 3-4 times each month in the evening, occasional events such as family concerts, 1:1 parenting consults, and resource sharing.
- Tuition: $58/month; need-based scholarships are available.
Our “schedule” of the day is flexible but always contains:
For parents –
- Time to chat with each other, share ideas, and get to know other parents.
- Make friends with people in the same stage of life and learning a similar parenting philosophy.
- Time to ask your two teachers questions – individually and with the group.
- A parent educator to lead discussions about the latest information around child development, child discipline and guidance, sleep, first foods, brain development, encouraging language, life balance, sign language, and many, many more topics.
For baby –class will grow and change as your baby grows and changes, from swaddler to sitter to waddler!
- Singing, bouncing, and dancing!
- A fun, safe space for babies and movers to observe other children and play together!
- First friends to giggle with!
- During in-person meetups, toys to manipulate, art materials to smoosh, bubbles to watch or pop!
Click the questions below for answers to our frequently asked questions.
Teacher Linda will create rich learning opportunities for the children each week. Some examples include:
- A variety of curriculum materials during Free Play where children can practice and hone social skills
- Art materials to create a joyful mess (and learn to clean up afterwards!)
- Story circle where children learn to sit and take part
- Music and Movement to sing together and use big muscles
- We are part of the SSC Co-op Preschool system but we are not very co-op-y!
- There are a few “jobs” we need your help with but mostly you come and are nurtured.
- There are no required evening meetings.
We know that baby brings lots of changes. Although most people continue, sometimes people need to drop in the middle of the year.
We go month to month from September through May. We hold your spot, and you pay tuition, every month until you tell us differently. (In other words, people attend regularly and do not drop in).
Parenting seminars held 1-2x/month in the evening, occasional family events such as concerts, 1:1 parenting consults, and resource sharing.