“Being in co-op helped us move through those ‘Terrible Two’s’ I had heard about. They weren’t so bad because I had friends going through it together–with the help of our teachers!”
Twos classes are for children who turn 2 but are not yet 3 as of August 31st
Twos classes meet two mornings each week:
one morning with their adult, the other morning without
Life with a 2 year old is like a Seattle day – sunny one moment and cloudy the next!
- They are excited to play and explore
- Their imaginations are blossoming
- They still need our help moving beyond “MINE!”
Our class is a safe place to express their independence by exploring a room full of opportunities, using curriculum planned and implemented by the Children’s Teacher each day.
As they grow more comfortable with language, we help them learn to communicate their needs.
**Some 2-3’s have a hard time separating from their special adults–we follow your lead and help you both make the transition toward coming to school independently.**
Daily Routine includes:
- Choice time: to play, explore, pretend, create and practice social skills
- Put away time: we made a joyful mess and we learn to clean up, too
- Story Circle Time: learning to sit and take part
- Snack Time: sitting together eating a healthy snack furnished and prepared by parents according to Health Department standards
- Music and Movement: singing and using big muscles
Education and Support for Parents and Parenting Partners
One adult per family is automatically enrolled as a South Seattle College student.
The push-pull, I want you and I want to do it myself, of growing independence brings parenting challenges.
You will find information and support from Parenting Educators who are in class each week and available during preschool, individually and in group sessions.
You can build your village by connecting with other parents, grandparents and caregivers.
As a member of this Co-op, your commitment is:
- Attend class one day each week, working alongside the Children’s Teacher to help to guide the children
- Provide a healthy snack on a rotating basis
- Attend a monthly evening Class Meeting to learn about guidance and discipline to use at home and at school…and have an adult night out together! (dates are chosen by the class at the beginning of the school year–example: first Tuesday of each month 7-9:00)
- Choose and hold a preschool job that fits your interests, skill, and time (i.e. Board Treasurer, Class Secretary, Play-Dough Maker, Librarian)
- Choose one quarterly parent education seminar from a variety of topics such as: Sleep, Sibling Relationships, Guidance & Discipline, Raising an Only Child, Potty Training, Picky Eating, Anti-bias Parenting, and many more!
Because this is a family program, other adults—grandparents, nannies, aunties, etc.– are welcome to attend and help fulfill these commitments.
Registration Fee – $85
Tuition Range for Twos classes: $109-$144/month (dependent on location)
Tuition assistance is available through our Mary E. Phillips Scholarship Fund, administered through our Parent Advisory Council. Applications are due quarterly to your parenting educator; more information available here.
Interested in Registration?
First, visit our Preschool Class List to see which location you prefer, based on days, times and proximity
Next, you can register easily online by visiting our Enrollment page – all the information and forms are available there!
More questions or concerns? We are happy to talk with you personally:
Phone – 206-773-8066
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org