South Seattle College Parent Cooperative Preschool Program is a vibrant community for families.
Preschool for your child, parent community for you!
- Our four neighborhood preschool locations offer classes for children from 2 – 5 years old; our SSC campus site offers classes for our infants and toddlers under 2.
- Our school year runs mid-September through early June.
- The number of classes per week depends on your child’s age at the beginning of the school year: Twos classes meet two days each week, Threes classes meet three days each, Fours/PreK classes meet four days each week.
- Parents work in the classroom one day each week, regardless of the number of class days.
- Classes are generally 2-2.5 hours long.
- Tuition varies based on days per week, preschool site, and enrichment activities. You can find tuition ranges for the current year here.
- See more details on our classes and locations on our Preschool Class List page.
Our specialty is helping children learn the joy of discovery through play and guided learning interactions where they: build social skills, develop empathy, practice self control, learn problem solving
Our preschool teachers provide a rich environment full of learning activities that are just right for the developmental stage of the children:
- Creative arts, pretend play
- Sensory, science exploration
- Reading preparation
- Math manipulatives
- Table games, blocks
- Snack, music, stories
- Small and large group interaction
Because parents get to assist in the classroom one day each week and the adult-child ratio is so high, the choice of learning centers to explore is wide and opportunities for critical thinking and social problem-solving are great.
The SSC Co-op Preschool curriculum is aligned with WaKIDS Washington State Kindergarten Entrance Guidelines and supports: family connection, whole child assessment for individualized learning, supporting smooth transition into Kindergarten.
Click here to see how you can be involved in your child’s early education, and use the form below to contact us.